SEO Analysis, Link Disavow & Full Recovery Solution
Rewind SEO’s proven analysis and disavow covers all possible angles for link-based penalties and impending risks. We identify all high risk links and over-optimization issues with your site’s link profile. This involves detailed reports, analysis sorting your entire link profile between safe and risky links, and full documentation explaining all the issues we addressed.
We also provide an actionable SEO report for any new links going forward in order to either assist with an existing penalty recovery or prevent any penalties from occurring in the future. In short, coupled with the Google disavow tool our analysis and disavow fixes fix existing issues and then our report helps you avoid future issues while further balancing link profile or anchor text diversity where needed.
We charge for what we do and nothing more. Our analysis pricing is based primarily on the number of referring domains, not individual backlinks. Small sites will be able to get the full analysis for under $100. If there is clear negative SEO, we also provide a discount. Large-scale scraper or web-stat networks will also be heavily discounted because they can be bulk filtered and analyzed together.
If you are ready to recover from Google Penguin or unnatural links, request a free quote for your site’s link profile today.
Or shoot us an email: info[AT]rewindseo.com
About Our SEO Audit and Recovery Services
1. Deep-Dive Penalty Analysis
Our primary service is a deep-dive analysis looking at all referring domains domains and backlinks for your website. We review broad metrics like anchor text ratios and then manually sort safe and risky links separate lists and determine what links need to be disavowed to make the link profile safe and healthy again. Some of the details for this extensive project are as follows:
‣ Data driven with over 35 different metrics and derived metrics per link. By the raw data numbers, this SEO analysis is over 5 times more detailed than what some firms use.
‣ Utilization of advanced algorithm simulation powered by Cognitive SEO that is modeled after Google’s own Penguin algorithm. These algorithms are only secondary to our analysis but further help find broad risk patterns as well as individual risky links.
‣ Custom in-house filters for high risk and spam link types. Over our hundreds of penalty analyses, Rewind SEO has identified numerous footprints specific to many types of low quality, automated spam, and high risk link types. We filter and review these footprints in every analysis.
‣ Data from the top-down competitor audit is applied to this advanced analysis to help bring profile-wide metrics to safe levels using more strict filtering criteria where applicable.
‣ Manual content checking – after all the above checks are completed, we will manually visit all other linking pages to the link profile to find any other small scale or isolated risk categories as well as non-metric issues like heavily duplicated content, poorly spun content, and other problems common to risky SEO practices.
‣ Manual double checking – we will double check every single domain and all links that have been filtered into the high risk link list. Rest assured, we will not be sorting out any strong, valuable, or niche-relevant link without very clear reasons that should also be detailed in the written report. You are always welcome to ask us afterwards why certain links or domains were disavowed.
‣ In the final step, we format and create a Google disavow file from the list of high risk links. This is usually the main point of the analysis because the disavow file tells Google to ignore certain links to your site for SEO purposes. All that will be left for you to do is upload the disavow file through Google Search Console (or we can do it for you, if you give us GSC user permissions).
And of course, all our work is also documented and explained in a final written SEO report in plain English, illustrated with relevant charts and graphs. If you also ordered a competitor analysis, the report will include that as well which will help not just with recovery but hopefully catching up or passing those competitors.
Top-Down Competitor SEO Analysis
Our competitor analysis is an optional component that expands our standard link profile risk analysis. The top-down competitor SEO analysis involves side-by-side comparisons with top ranking (unpenalized) competitors in order to give a better picture on exactly what is lacking in your link profile. This data is also used to determine general organic ‘safe ranges’ and broad ratios like anchor text types, dofollow link ratios, link power and trust ratios, and other overarching metrics within your site’s competitive landscape. These baselines are used to identify possible profile-wide imbalances that may be causing a penalty, escalating another issue, or posing a significant risk to the profile. This competitor SEO report will also be useful in maintaining safe link building practices going forward. For our competitor analysis service, you can specify competitor sites or we can find appropriate competitors for you.
Penalty Report FAQ
Q: Is this analysis suitable for manual penalty recovery?
A: Yes but sometimes manual penalties also need link removal. Due to low demand and manual penalties becoming more rare, we no-longer provide in-house link removal outreach. But we can make the link removal list for you after the analysis (only confirmed live DoFollow bad links need link removal). Finally, manual penalties also need a reconsideration request, which we can write or pre-write for you (to be submitted after the link removal work). We are very experienced writing reconsideration requests, though sometimes Google requests a second round of work with more strict sorting and disavowing.
Q: Is this analysis useful if my site has not been penalized?
A: Yes. The analysis (and even disavow) will help sites not currently penalized both in preventing the any future penalty and possibly improving current rankings by getting rid of negative links that are detrimental to SEO. Our report will also identify impending risks to help you or your SEO firm steer clear of risky links, patterns, or SEO practices. If your website is worth a lot to you but you believe some of the link profile is questionable, it’s well worth checking out and cleaning up preemptively.
Q: How effective is the Google disavow links tool?
A: Disavowing links can be extremely effective because it makes Google ignore those links. In many cases, the disavow alone is all that is needed to help an otherwise strong link profile. But in some cases, links that used to be helping are then hurting your site so just disavowing them will remove the risk but it does not replace them. Since disavowing links does not replace new ones, in some cases a site will still need new links/SEO work to start seeing more active growth again. This is particularly common for sites requiring a heavy disavow but with very few strong links. In short, the disavow of risks is usually necessary for recovery but sometimes it is not enough by itself. IF this looks likely, we will advise more in our final report. But in many cases, the disavow alone is all that is needed to help an otherwise strong link profile recover or even surpass its previous rankings.
Q: How long does it take to disavow links?
A: Based on comments from Google’s engineers, we now know that disavowed links are processed on an individual level as soon as a Google recrawls them. Some links will be recrawled very quickly while some could take months. In short, there is no set period of time for Google to process a disavow report since it is done link-by-link over time. The disavow will usually take weeks-to-months to have a significant effect though sometimes it is much faster.
Q: Does this service guarantee my site will recover?
A: Since Google is a 3rd party, no service except Google itself can make that guarantee. Since disavowing links is a net loss in links, it still depends entirely on the quality and diversity of links available in remaining profile. However, if you think we made a mistake somewhere, please let us know and we’ll double check it or explain why something was or was not disavowed. While our process does not allow disavowing good links by accident, sometimes there are edge cases where we don’t disavow a link or set of links that potentially could be disavowed. Or rarely we may overlook a risk factor that supports disavowing a link. In other cases, a link may be risky but still worth keeping (in our judgement). We are always open to discuss our decision to disavow or not disavow any given link.
Q: How many links do we sort into risky links to be submitted to the disavow tool?
A: This is entirely dependent on the specific link profile. In some cases if there are large numbers of automated scraper sites, or else a negative SEO attack we end up disavowing over 90% of the link profile. Other cases may see much lower numbers like 20-30% of the links disavowed, though there can still be high or even extreme risks in those 20-30%. Additionally, manual penalties will need a much more strict disavow criteria with typically all blackhat links and all commercial anchor text links disavowed, so the numbers will be different depending on wither the site has a manual penalty or an algorithm penalty.
To start your comprehensive combined penalty assessment, competitor SEO report, and link disavow, Request a quote for your website.